This year’s PaleyFest held by the Paley Center for Media reunited several members of the cast of LOST for a tenth anniversary panel at the Dolby Theatre. I was pretty much obsessed with LOST when it aired (I was even part of a LOST forum online), so I definitely made sure that I got tickets for me and my friend Roger, who was also a big fan of the show. Before the panel began, they played Exodus (Part 1) from the LOST’s first season and Paul Scheer, the moderator for the event, made some opening remarks which included reminding the audience that based on recent events, it was interesting that we were going to discuss a show about a mysterious plane disappearance and that it would be in bad taste to ask questions about said recent events during the panel.
Yunjin Kim (Sun), Jorge Garcia (Hurley), Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Ian Somerhalder (Boone), Maggie Grace (Shannon), Malcolm David Kelly (Walt), Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond), and showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse all came out for the panel that night. Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) and Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert) were also supposed to show up but were unable to because of work commitments. It was great to see some of the cast together again (though there have been several shows actually such as Once Upon a Time and Hawaii Five-0 which have reunited multiple cast members) and I have to admit that I just love Yunjin Kim. Below is the full panel recorded from the livestream that was shown to those who could not physically attend the event.
LOST had such a large ensemble cast over the years that it’s understandable that all of them were not able to make it to the panel. It did kind of make me wonder what everyone was up to now, so I did some basic Wikipedia research and this is what I found:
- Matthew Fox (Jack Shephard) – He had a part in World War Z and is apparently going to be in a horror movie called Welcome to Harmony.
- Evangeline Lilly (Kate Austen) – She wrote a children’s book called The Squickerwonkers and she has recently been Tauriel in the latter two movies of the Hobbit trilogy. Her character wasn’t even featured in the original novel and was created for the films.
- Jorge Garcia (Hugo “Hurley” Reyes) – He was the lead in the series Alcatraz, but that got canceled. He played Anton the giant in a few episodes of Once Upon a Time, where he was reunited with Emilie de Ravin, and now he is going to be a series regular for season 6 of Hawaii Five-0, reuniting with Daniel Dae Kim and Terry O’Quinn.
- Josh Holloway (James “Sawyer” Ford) – He’s currently starring in the CBS series Intelligence.
- Terry O’Quinn (John Locke) – He played the lead in the series 666 Park Avenue, though it was canceled. He plays a recurring character on Hawaii Five-0, reuniting with Daniel Dae Kim and Jorge Garcia.
- Naveen Andrews (Sayid Jarrah) – He is currently playing Jafar in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, though it doesn’t look like the show will be renewed for another season. He might end up crossing over to Once Upon a Time though. Who knows?
- Daniel Dae Kim (Jin-Soo Kwon) – He is actually doing pretty well as one of the leads in Hawaii Five-0, which will be entering its sixth season. He has already reunited with Terry O’Quinn and Jorge Garcia on the show.
- Yunjin Kim (Sun-Hwa Kwon) – She is currently starring in the ABC series Mistresses which has been renewed for a second season.
- Emilie De Ravin (Claire Littleton) – She plays Belle on Once Upon a Time and has been a series regular since season two.
- Dominic Monaghan (Charlie Pace) – He hasn’t really been in much actually.
- Harold Perrineau (Michael Dawson) – He was a regular on the TBS series Wedding Band, though that got canceled after one season. He did have a role in the movie The Best Man Holiday though.
- Malcolm David Kelley (Walt Lloyd) – He grew up and looks nothing like his child self. Apparently, he’s been releasing songs as part of the pop duo MKTO. Their album actually went to #1 in Australia.
- Maggie Grace (Shannon Rutherford) – She reprised her role as Liam Neeson’s daughter in Taken 2. She also played a recovering addict in a couple episodes of Californication.
- Ian Somerhalder (Boone Carlyle) – He has been playing Damon in The Vampire Diaries since 2009.
Geez, that took much longer than I expected and I only did the original fourteen. There are a bunch of other significant cast members who are in the main cast of current TV shows too such as Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert; now in Bates Motel), Michael Emerson (Ben Linus; now in Person of Interest), and Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet Burke; now in Revolution). Rebecca Mader, who played Charlotte Lewis, also just started her role as the Wicked Witch of the West in Once Upon a Time, which you already now from above features a lot of LOST characters and references due to the show being created and produced by veteran LOST writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz.
Anyway, it was nice seeing much of the cast together and I hope that a larger cast reunion surfaces up in the future. Of course, it is kind of hard to get so many specific actors who are working on other projects together under one room at the same time, but it’s not impossible, right? Maybe Entertainment Weekly can do it for their annual reunion photoshoots.
I’d totally snag a copy just for that.